Some absence due to sickness is inevitable within any large organization and sickness absence needs to be dealt with in a fair, understanding and sympathetic way. Absence is costly, it has an adverse effect upon colleagues and on the level and quality of service that your business provides.
Sickness absence case management is a service employed by companies to help improve outcomes in sickness absence, rehabilitation, work related illness and injury in the workplace. The primary goal of occupational health case management is to assist with the return of the individual to maximal functioning capacity and maximal medical recovery – thus allowing a rapid and safe return to work if possible.
Examples of occupational health case management consultations:
- Sickness absence referral for frequent, short term sickness absence
- Sickness absence referral for long term sickness absence
- Conflicts at work
- Work related illness and injury
- Ill health retirement
- Work related stress
- Musculo-skeletal disorders
- Long term disability
- Acute medical or psychological health issues